They Really Love Me!
Today marks a special occasion in my blogging lifespan. I have been recognized and nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by Chris from RandomDeviations. It is an award of such prestige that it carries the weight of an Oscar. No, literally, both awards weigh the same. So I would like to thank Chris for taking the time to recognize the sheer brilliance of my blog. Ha!
The rules of this award, as I understand them to be, are as follows:
1) Thank the person who nominated you for this award. (This strikes me as an odd rule. Would it not just be common courtesy to thank someone for an award? Was there such a shortage on “thank you”’s that people had to instill a rule?)
2) Share seven interesting things about oneself. (I would ask, why seven? But I could also ask why not? So seven it is.)
3) Nominate fifteen other blogs that you find enjoyable for the Versatile Blogger Award. (Fifteen other blogs? I do not know if I even follow fifteen blogs, let alone find each thoroughly enjoyable. I am relatively new to WordPress, so I will choose three.)
Now for the part you have all been waiting for…
Seven Interesting Things About Myself:
1) I love to do karaoke. I remember the day my parents received a karaoke machine. I was not too thrilled by the acquisition. I have always enjoyed singing, but karaoke was new to me. Fast-forward seven years and I am obsessed with karaoke. I love to karaoke by myself at home or with groups out in bars. Singing in general is just a good release and given the right mixture of karaoke and booze it can further enhance the experience and create a fantastic concoction. (I also have a few Youtube videos of me singing. Here is one for example:
The rest of my videos can be found on HERE.
2) I am a diehard Minnesota Vikings fan. I do not have any ties to Minnesota, but that is the team I chose as a kid (for reasons unbeknownst to me either). Those who are close to me know the extent of this obsession, but it is often blurred beyond close friends. This is done for a reason. It is not that I do not love talking about football, but through the years I have often had to work on Sundays and did not want people constantly updating me on the game scores. I like to TIVO the game and watch it when I get off work. Since about 2004 I have probably only missed six games due to work or other activities. I have even directed a vacation in which I drove from California to Minnesota in order to attend their training camp. While they may not be the most exciting team to watch as of late, they will forever be my team. Go Vikings!
3) I can do a great impersonation of Kermit the Frog. I have been told by several people that it is spot on. I learned I could do it by trying to do an impersonation of Louis Armstrong. While I can imitate the Satchmo to a certain extent, my bread and butter lies in doing the Kermit the Frog voice.
4) I have been to forty-three states. I may not have stayed very long in some, but I have at least put my feet down in forty-three of fifty states. My favorites are New York, Tennessee, and California.
5) FIVE GOLDEN RINGS! Sorry I get excited when I collect rings in Sonic 2. SEGA!
6) I am left-handed (Thanks for the idea Chris). Not completely. I write, eat, and play pool with my left hand. I play sports with my right. Left-handers are amazing and they continually push the boundaries. Why is that you may ask? When left-handers write, we push. When right-handers write, they pull. While right-handers always seem to be stuck pulling something; left-handers are breaking on through to the other side.
7) I am the baby in my family. Meaning, I am the youngest.
I do not have a large assortment of people to pull from as of yet. So here it goes…Three blog nominations.
– Claire of Sarcasm and Two Sugars
– Cassie of CassieBehl
– TheOthers1 of Honesty
I have recently started following these blogs, and so far they have been worth the follow. Check them out if you have the time.
I would like to just say thanks again for the nomination. I hope everyone enjoyed learning a bit more about yours truly and as Truman would say…
Good morning, and in case I don’t see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and goodnight!
Posted on April 1, 2012, in Uncategorized and tagged award, blog, blogger, Blogging, comedy, follow, funny, guy love, haha, humor, Journal, karaoke, Kermit, left handed, lol, muppets, versatile, Vikings, writing, YouTube. Bookmark the permalink. 7 Comments.